Volunteer with us
Provide fortnightly one-to-one support to a young carer
Lend a hand behind the scenes at our friendly office
Young Carers' Activities
Help out at our youth clubs, outings and activities for young carers
Lend a hand at our activities and outings for adult carers
Provide one-to-one counselling support for adult carers
Provide complimentary beauty treatments for carers who are in need of a break
People volunteer with us for a number of reasons, but they all have one thing in common: by giving their time they are helping to improve the lives of carers in Kingston. A carer is someone who is providing support, unpaid, to a friend or relative who has a disability, long term illness, mental health problem or substance misuse issue.
How can I help?
We are currently recruiting volunteers for a variety of roles supporting both our young carers (aged 5 -18) and adult carers (18+).
Click on the roles below to download the full role description:
Flexible 'ad hoc' opportunities:
Regular opportunties (1-2 hours per week):
- Mentor for Young Carers - click here to download the mentor application form
- Kitchen Volunteer - Wednesday Evening or Monday After-School
- Young Carers' Activity Enabler - Monday After-School Club
- Young Carers' Activity Enabler - Wednesday Evening Youth Club
- Admin Support Volunteer - recruitment paused at present
- Hairdresser/Beauty Therapist
- Counsellor - recruitment paused at present
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact Lyndsey at email@example.com or 020 3375 8226.
Be part of an award-winning Volunteering Project:
In 2017, we were awarded 'Volunteering Organisation of the Year' by Union of Kingston Students.
Our Volunteering Project has also been awarded the 'Kingston Quality Award' for our commitment to best practice in volunteer management.