Mental Health & Substance Misuse Carers' Support
Our specialist worker can provide information, advice and support to carers who are supporting someone with a mental health problem, substance addiction or dementia.
The services include:
- Information – on the recovery approach, diagnosis, medication, recommended treatment options, communication skills, coping strategies, etc.
- Family Skills Workshops – psycho-educational workshops on a variety of subjects for mental health & substance misuse carers for example confidentiality, coping with difficult behaviour symptoms, medication, care planning and risk assessment
- Advocacy – for example support during a carer’s assessment or attending joint meetings with mental health / substance misuse professionals
- Support Groups – a monthly support group is held on the second Tuesday of each month at Tolworth Hospital, 6pm - 7.15pm
- Monthly evening Carers’ Drop-in – sessions on Lilacs Ward on the last Thursday of the month from 6pm-7pm
- Monthly outreach / drop-in service held on Acacia Unit at Tolworth Hospital for carers and professionals on the first Monday of the month (excluding bank holidays)