Young Carers' Project
We are the only organisation in the borough with a team dedicated to supporting the needs of young carers (aged 5-18) and as such have a wealth of experience and expertise in issues which affect their lives.
- information and advice, including 1-to-1 support
- opportunities to meet other young carers
- fun activities, outings and breaks away from home
- regular drop ins
- awareness raising of the needs of young carers, particularly in schools
- advocacy and whole family support
- quarterly newsletter
Who are the YCP supporting
We are currently supporting over 740 young carers. Last year we had 177 new referrals - that's more than three a week!