Working for Carers Project
Working for Carers is a London-wide project that supports unpaid carers, aged 25 or over, to move closer to employment. The project is led by Carers Trust and delivered by its network of partners across London and is funded by The National Lottery Community Fund and European Social Fund.
- Are you a carer interested in future employment, training or volunteering?
- Do you need help in writing a CV and filling application forms?
- Are you unsure as to what you want to do?
- Or maybe seeking to increase your confidence and gain some new skills?
Working for Carers can help with all of the above. We will provide you with advice, guidance and support to work around your individual needs and caring responsibilities.
Coronavirus update from Working for Carers
We are not letting the current situation stop us from providing the advice and support carers need, we work remotely for now and will meet carers face to face as soon as possible.
We are taking new referrals as well as extending our offer of advice to past clients who might have lost their job due to Covid-19. We are just a phone call away Tel: 020 7428 8950.
Our aims are:
- Support carers to pursue their employment goals through confidence building and skills development
- Offer a flexible service that considers individual needs and ambitions
- Engage with local businesses and organisations to create employment, training and volunteering opportunities for carers
- Highlight the benefits of employing carers, adopting carer friendly policies, and understanding the needs of carers in the workplace
Carers can access free support, designed to meet their individual needs and delivered in their local area. This may include:
- One-to-one support and advice with a dedicated Employment Personal Advisor
- Group activities and training workshops
- Support with writing CVs and interview techniques
- Help with job-searching
- Access to employment, volunteering and training opportunities
- Unpaid carer or former carer
- Aged 25 and over
- Living in London
- Not in any paid work
To find out more about this free service:
For carers in Kingston, Camden, Kensington and Chelsea, Merton, Richmond, Sutton, Westminster and Islington:
Tel: 020 7428 8950 Email: email@example.com