Useful Links:

Government Advice:

Am I allowed to travel to look after a vulnerable family member?

You can leave home to visit people in your support bubble, or to provide informal childcare for children aged 13 and under as part of a childcare bubble, to provide care for vulnerable people, to provide emergency assistance, attend a support group (of up to 15 people), or for respite care where that care is being provided to a vulnerable person or a person with a disability, or is a short break in respect of a looked after child.

Am I allowed to go out?

What should I know about providing unpaid care to friends or family?

What should I do if I am caring for a vulnerable person?

What should I know if 3 generations (children, parents and grandparents) live in my household?

This guidance is aimed at households with grandparents, parents and children living together, or for those living with a member of an ‘at-risk- group. It also includes precautions to take and advice for children in the household.

What should I know about caring for someone who receives support via direct payments?

COVID-19 action plan for adult social care: Supporting independence, supporting people at the end of their lives and responding to individual needs

Government expansion of testing

The Government has increased access to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) tests in order to protect the most vulnerable. Anyone in England with symptoms who either has to leave home to go to work or is aged 65 and over will now be able to get tested.


NHS Advice:

Need to book a COVID test?

Testing sites are open 7 days a week There are often lots of test appointments available at the weekend, making it easier for you to find a time that suits you. Test results are usually sent to you within a day or two, making it the best way to check if you need to self-isolate. We currently have three testing centres in the borough:

  • Chessington World of Adventures
  • Milner Road in Kingston
  • Mobile Testing Unit at the Kingston Cattle Market car park (Tuesdays and Fridays)

You don't need a car to visit a testing centre - you can walk or cycle too. If you have symptoms and need to book a test, visit:


Latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19)

What should I do if I am unwell?

The NHS is here for you

The head of the NHS has launched a major new drive to encourage people to seek the urgent care and treatment they need.

NHS Chief Executive Sir Simon Stevens warned that delays in getting treatment due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) fears pose a long term risk to people’s health.

The plea comes alongside new findings that four in ten people are too concerned about being a burden on the NHS to seek help from their GP.

NHS chief executive Sir Simon Stevens said: “While NHS staff have pulled out all the stops to deal with COVID-19 (Coronavirus) virus they have also worked hard to ensure that patients who don’t have the virus can safely access essential services.

“So whether you or a loved one have the symptoms of a heart attack or stroke, are a parent worried about their child or have concerns about conditions such as cancer, you should seek help in the way you always would.

"Ignoring problems can have serious consequences – now or in the future.”

If you have urgent care needs you should contact your GP or the 111 service – or 999 in emergencies – and attend hospital if you are told you should.