Health & Wellbeing
Wellbeing Activities for Summer 2021!
KCN CARERS' CELEBRATION WEEK
25th June - 1st July
A week of FREE events organised by KCN for carers in the borough of Kingston-Upon-Thames.
- Friday 25th June Bingo Night with Fish and Chips, 6:30 - 8:30pm, St Mark's Church, Surbiton
- Saturday 26th June Coach trip to Farnham Sculpture Park, 9:30am - 3:30pm
- Monday 28th June Lunch Social, 12noon - 2pm, Pizza Express, New Malden
- Tuesday 29th June Mindful Café, 10:30am - 12noon, Searchlight Community Centre, New Malden
- Wednesday 30th June Coach trip to RHS Wisley, 9:30am - 3pm
- Thursday 1st July Curry Night, 7pm, 8:30pm, venue tbc
Covid requirements and Social Distancing
For all our activities requiring transport we have booked minibuses from RAKAT – the Richmond and Kingston Accessible Transport service. They supply 16-seater mini-buses which are maintained to strict covid secure standards:
- Deep cleaning and fogging of the buses are done before each use. Each is only booked out to one group per day.
- Face masks must be worn by passengers for the duration of the journey unless medically exempt
- Hand sanitiser is used by all passengers before and after each journey
- Passenger’s temperatures will be taken before boarding
In addition to the above KCN will request a vaccinated driver (where available).
We will not be filling the buses to capacity. Under each event you will see the maximum number of spaces available, and how these will be split between the minibuses.
If you wish to book a fully socially distanced seat – please indicate this at time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate you. If this is not possible we will be in touch to discuss this with you.
To make a booking you can either email Layla at firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to KCN (c/o Layla Brokenbrow - KCN, 418 Ewell Rd, Tolworth, KT6 7HF).
Places will NOT be allocated on a first come first basis.
Consideration will be given to new carers as well as carers only booking for one event.
Join a KCN Reading Friends Group!
Free via zoom
Reading Friends is designed to tackle loneliness and social isolation by bringing people together to read, share stories, chat and have fun. A Reading Befriender holds regular one-to-one or small group sessions that begin with the reading of a poem, short story, letter or other piece of text to spark conversation and connect people socially. It is different to a structured book group as there is no reading to do beforehand. You don’t need to be an expert in literature – simply have a love of reading you would like to share to make a difference in your local community.
If you are interested in joining a KCN Reading Friends group with other carers in the borough please email Lou at email@example.com
KCN SUMMER PROGRAMME 2021
Below are our summer activities, organised by KCN for carers in the borough of Kingston-Upon-Thames
- Fri 9th July, Coach trip to Denbies Wine Estate, 1pm - 5:30pm, £2.50
- Thurs 15th July, Kew Gardens Explorer, 9:30am - 3:30pm, £2
- Sat 24th July, Seaside Trip to Bognor Regis, 9am - 4:30pm, £5
- Mon 9th August, Mayfield Lavender Farm with Cream Tea (if available), 1pm - 4:30pm, £4
- Sat 21st August, Seaside Trip to Worthing, 9am - 4:30pm, £5
Bookings and Payment
To make a booking you can either email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to KCN (c/o Layla Brokenbrow - KCN, 418 Ewell Rd, Tolworth, KT6 7HF).
Payment to be brought as cash on the day.
Places will NOT be allocated on a first come first basis. Consideration will be given to new carers as well as carers only booking for one event.
If you wish to request a socially distanced bus seat please do this at time of booking.